FAITH IN ACTION COUNCIL SIMPLE STEP TO SUCCESSFUL COLUMBIAN YEAR.
- Organize special mass intention for all council members during Sunday regular mass. Before the start of the Columbian year.
- Have a clear council program calendar at the start of the Columbian year.
- Encourage council officers on continuous training program. (Webinars)
- Advertise council programs on parish Bulletin.
- Partner with other councils, Parishes and catholic organizations on spiritual activities. (Couples for Christ, CWL, Legion of Mary, Gets for Kids e.t.c).
- Organize a council café, “Talk about the faith in action program”, to evaluate progression.
- Replace some of the monthly council meeting time with fraternal activities. E.g. Bible study, prayer night, Games and social night.
- Introduce new knights to council program / activities calendar and assign them to a program.
- Wear council vests / T-Shirt to all volunteer activities within the community.
- Adopt catholic school in your district. Support and volunteer for none academic program. (promote school service hours).
- Ensure all councils, parish and community program is in line with our sociocultural values.
- Encourage brother knights that are professional to do a presentation. E.g Health Education, Counseling, Tax Returns, Parenting and psychosocial issues.
- Set up a Welfare committee, to keep track of brothers that are absent from meetings, Mass and council activities.