Grow in faith and build a strong parish and Church. Aid priests and religious in formation, honour Mary, mother of God, and engage in serious spiritual reflections and religious education activities.
Make a powerful difference in your community. Help those less fortunate with the basic human needs of clothing, shelter, mobility and compassion.
Strengthen families through faith and service. Socialize and pray with other faith-filled Catholic families through special events, religious services and volunteer opportunities.
Create a culture of life. Assist pregnant women in need, care for the elderly, aid the handicapped and empower those with special needs to realize their full potential.
FAITH IN ACTION COUNCIL SIMPLE STEP TO SUCCESSFUL COLUMBIAN YEAR.
- Organize special mass intention for all council members during Sunday regular mass. Before the start of the Columbian year.
- Have a clear council program calendar at the start of the Columbian year.
- Encourage council officers on continuous training program. (Webinars)
- Advertise council programs on parish Bulletin.
- Partner with other councils, Parishes and catholic organizations on spiritual activities. (Couples for Christ, CWL, Legion of Mary, Gets for Kids e.t.c).
- Organize a council café, “Talk about the faith in action program”, to evaluate progression.
- Replace some of the monthly council meeting time with fraternal activities. E.g. Bible study, prayer night, Games and social night.
- Introduce new knights to council program / activities calendar and assign them to a program.
- Wear council vests / T-Shirt to all volunteer activities within the community.
- Adopt catholic school in your district. Support and volunteer for none academic program. (promote school service hours).
- Ensure all councils, parish and community program is in line with our sociocultural values.
- Encourage brother knights that are professional to do a presentation. E.g Health Education, Counseling, Tax Returns, Parenting and psychosocial issues.
- Set up a Welfare committee, to keep track of brothers that are absent from meetings, Mass and council activities.